My Ancestry

I do not know the complete ancestry of my family. The furthest I can trace back to is the generation of my grandparents. My father's parents were born in Henan, a province in the northern part of China. They moved to Beijing in the 1970s. My parents were both born and raised in Beijing. So was I. I am the first person in my ancestry to study abroad in the United States. In these four years of living in the United States, I have become westernized in many ways. I rarely ate fried chicken and burger before I moved to the United States, but now they have become a part of my regular diet. I started watching American football often, a sport that I used to know little about when I was in China. I also listened to American songs and watched American TV shows much more frequently. Our family now also began to celebrate western holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas. Last Thanksgiving, my parents and I actually spent the Thanksgiving day in Tennessee, and we ate Turkey. On the other hand, I still kept many of the Chinese traditions and customs. I still enjoyed Chinese food the most. Moreover, thanks to the Webb School, I can actually celebrate the Spring Festival and Moon Festival here in Bell Buckle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABOUT ME

Sleeping Beauty